Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tet and Valentine's Playdate

We had such a busy weekend!  Here's a recap:

Gracie got a haircut in preparation of this weekend's events.

Angled bob at Cartoon Cuts

 I bought red, red, lipstick at MAC...I'm trying to be less ho-hum and more La Dolce Vita!



It's Lunar New Year today, and yesterday my family had our traditional Vietnamese celebration.  Almost everyone gets dressed up in ao dai and we give speeches, wish each other prosperity and good health, and pass out lucky money to the little ones.  It was extra special because we had family from California and New Jersey come too!

My parents and their four grandkids

Me with some of my cousins.  I'm wearing my Vietnamese wedding gown and it really didn't fit anymore!

Remy, Sophie and Gracie getting lucky money from their great-grandmother--a precious tradition.

Bodhi and Sophie


Matthew, Bodhi, and Ethan

Sophie and her cousins

Afterwards, some of my cousins and I had a traditional American dinner at Red Robin!   You can take your gourmet burger joints.  I'll take Red Robin, any day.



Today, we invited two little girls from next door over and had a Valentine's Day playdate.  Any excuse for me to throw a party is a good one!

Waiting for their friends to arrive

Hamming it up.  Sophie is going from 5 to 15.

Crafts and snacks


It was a wonderful, super, awesome weekend.  I spent time with my favorite people (my family), and we had friends over.  I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment