Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ming Cabinet

For our honeymoon back in 2006, Darren and I drove down the California coast. We went from Monterey/Carmel through Big Sur, all the way to Santa Barbara. Before we flew home, we spent one day exploring San Francisco. One store I discovered was Big Pagoda, a purveyor of contemporary asian-inspired furniture, right outside the gate to Chinatown. The furniture was unlike any I'd ever seen...asian, but not too ornate or lacquered or garish. It was simple, well-crafted and elegant. Alas, the price tags were way out of my budget.

Ming Cabinet, from $1800 to $500

Well, the other day, I checked in on their website and discovered that they were going out of business! I browsed around and found an armoire that I loved and did a double-take when I saw the discounted price. It was 75% off! I've been corresponding with the owner and today, the cabinet is mine! Since Darren insists on keeping a television in the master bedroom, this is going to corral all his peripherals and maybe some bed linens too. I can't wait to show everyone the finished room once it's all redecorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment