Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Black Doors/I love Springtime!

As I alluded to in a recent post, I finally took the plunge and painted all of our interior doors a high-gloss black. And boy, am I glad I did it! Even Darren, who was skeptical, agrees it was the most bang-for-our-buck renovation that we've done so far. It makes all the rooms look "decorated" and very chic!

Here is a standard, cheapo contractor-grade door before.


And here's a shot from our front door of a couple of black doors, after. Sorry I don't have more photos to share right now!

On a different note, I LOVE SPRING! Look at all the pretty flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Did you paint it yourself? When do you find the time to do all this? My husband & I have a busy career and we have Caden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffanie! We didn't do it ourselves, we hired someone to do it. I highly recommend getting someone else to do it...it took 1.5 days and he did a great job. It's not as easy as it looks, because he did a meticulous taping job and oil-based paint is harder to apply than latex-based. It was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete