Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Baskets

One of my fondest childhood memories was being taken on an Easter egg hunt by my mom and aunts. We had only been in the U.S. for a few months, yet my family embraced the American tradition wholeheartedly. I now have them to thank for such a precious memory that's stayed with me for almost 30 years already...So, even before I had kids, I knew there were certain rites of childhood that I wanted them to look back on happily. And of course one of these things is hunting for eggs on Easter.

I made my first Easter baskets--one for Sophie and one for Bodhi. I took extra care not to (1) fill them with too much junk candy, or (2) fill with plastic junk that would eventually clutter our house. So, the contents were pretty simple: plastic eggs filled with organic gummy worms, a board book, and a toy that makes a cat sound when turned upside down.

Obvious note to self: gummy worms get hard when exposed to air, duh! Do not make Easter baskets so early next year.


On a completely unrelated note: today's weather was gorgeous! After I picked Sophie up from preschool, I gave her some kettle corn and let her hang out on the deck. Here are some shots I managed to take.




1 comment: