Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let the Family Time Begin

Thanksgiving isn't until Thursday, but for all intents and purposes our holiday has begun. Most of my family (that's over 40 people) gathered over the weekend to commemorate my grandfather's passing. It's a strongly held cultural and religious tradition for us and distance is no obstacle, as aunts, uncles, and cousins traveled thousands of miles for the event. One Buddhist ceremony and two buffets later, here are some hasty images I managed to capture...

My teenage cousins

...and more cousins

...some of their moms (my mom has 6 sisters!)

my grandma (who has 11 kids) and mom

This is a child who knows her buffets

...and so is this one.

Geisha lipstick

Cousins, nephews, and uncle

Cousins, cousins, cousins (we're all real tight)

Burning off some calories after dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment