Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Adding Architectural Details via Molding

As I was surfing the website for Vastu, a local Washington, D.C. area design firm and furnishings retailer, I noticed the elegant picture frame molding in all of the rooms. In the past, I had considered molding to be too old fashioned and fussy, but these images prove that molding can complement contemporary settings as well. If the molding is the same color as the wall, it provides a subtle relief effect and won't compete with any adjacent artwork.


My home has high ceilings and that means vast expanses of blank walls. Picture frame molding could accentuate the ceiling height and allow the walls to look "finished" without needing to be filled up with art. I'm going to investigate this option further. Does anyone know how much it costs?

2 comments:

  1. We just had a lot of molding work done in our home recently. My parents have the contact info of the guy who did it if you're interested. It was reasonably priced as well, because the economy is down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mily, love your blog! I'm looking to do this to a few rooms in my house, too, because the walls are so bare. It's not that expensive to do.

    ReplyDelete