Saturday, August 1, 2009

No, it's not 10 Downing Street

Update: We got our lion head knocker in the mail from Design Toscano and I had to install it immediately. It really creates a focal point on our shiny black front door. I love it!

My front door

I've found the perfect accessory for our new glossy black front door, thanks to our stylish friend, Ann. She suggested a lion head door knocker, and ever since then, I've been obsessing over them.

A quick search on flickr revealed over a thousand very cool lion knockers. And many of them are on shiny black doors like my very own! Here are some of the best...

image via Neon Bandit

image via Sparks68

image via xingwushu

image via Mermaniac
This one is my favorite...love the snake detail.

image via duncan
Very art deco, don't you agree?

And here's the one I ordered online...It turns out it's a replica of the exact one at 10 Downing Street, the most famous address in London! I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I love a good lion door knocker. Although I think ours looks the least lion like of all of them. Perhaps we have ordered a wolfman door knocker? Either way, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knocker that you got reminds me of "Beast", a la, "Beauty and the Beast"

    ReplyDelete