Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wooden Sunburst Mirror

Decor8, one of my regular blog reads, featured the redesign of an office space recently. As I was scrolling through the photos, my eyes immediately fell on a spectacular wooden sunburst mirror.


Although sunburst mirrors have been seen mainly in traditional settings, I love how the wooden frame makes the sunburst mirror a bit less refined and polished. This large piece especially would look striking above a fireplace or a headboard in a room with high ceilings.

I contacted the design firm responsible for the decor to inquire about the piece. The mirror is available through Terra Firma Home at a price of $495. Here are some alternatives, although in my opinion not as unique as the mirror above:

46-inch diameter, available at Amazon for $658

35-inch diameter, available at Ballard Designs for $229

36-inch diameter, available at Home Shopping Network for $180

No comments:

Post a Comment